Outlook 2000 Distribution List Limit?

  • From: "Dee" <deea@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:48:14 -0700

I've looked everywhere and cannot find the answer to "how many contact
distribution groups can I have?" Is the limitation only how many contacts?

Also, does the "Limit number of recipients per message to" affect how many
contacts you can have within a distribution group?

From Microsoft:
" The maximum number of contacts is 165 within each distribution group. If
you use the very basic information for contacts (for example, only the
name and the e-mail address), your limit may be 125 to 130 contacts. On
average, the number of contacts that you can add is limited between 50 and
70 contacts. There is not an exact number of contacts that you can add,
the limit is based on the total size of the contacts. "