Outbound messages delayed to hotmail ?

  • From: "Kul" <KJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 03:23:24 -0600

Since yesterday I have noticed that messages are getting queued when
trying to send mail to hotmail.com, messages to all other domains are sent
fine.

I can successfully do a telnet communication test from my gateway to
hotmail and but in the end it says "Message Queued for delivery", and I
can telnet to port 25 to the mx records for hotmail - this indicates all
is fine from my end in terms of DNS.

the eventually get to hotmail successfully but it takes a very long time
i.e 5-6 hours at least.

we have reverse dns setup already to ensure we are not being treated as
spam mailers.

anyone having similar problem. ?