Open relay, and I shouldn't change it!

  • From: "Varga Pavol" <pavol.varga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "M$ Exchange 2000 (el. adresa)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:44:30 +0200

        Hi all, specially skilled administrators!

        We have big problems with our open relay Exchange 2000. Yesterday has
occured this problem, and reason or solution is not known!
        I have read discussion list about open relay, tutorial by Mark Fugatt
"Understanding Relaying and ...", M$ KBs }310380, 310356, ...) ... all that
seems so easy!

        1) configure SMTP virtual server
        2) configure connectors

        But it doesn´t work!
        After all I think, that MMC doesn't work properly!
        How can I verity, that changes in MMC do real changes in registry?
        Or, is this a right-time for restore system state?!

        Thanks for any help leading to resolve my problem!

        Pavol.