Open relay

  • From: "Hermano Queiroz" <hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:17:38 -0700

I'm sorry this is the third time that I sent this message and I've been
receiving rejection from the discuss list manager.

Hi Everyone,

    Besides theses sites below do you know any other site that I can find
information about open relay? Is there any organization or site
responsible for everyone? I think my question is pointed to a situation
that whom else I need to find if I have a problem with open relay?

http://www.abuse.net/relay.html
http://mail-abuse.net/cgi-bin/lookup
http://www.ordb.org/lookup
http://www.dnsstuff.com
http://www.samspade.org/t/rbl?
http://www.moensted.dk/spam/

My second question is: Do you have any idea about it?

> msn.com
Server:  cu45320.campbellsville.edu
Address:  10.10.10.53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    msn.com
Address:  207.68.172.246
-

> hotmail.com
Server:  cu45320.campbellsville.edu
Address:  10.10.10.53

Name:    hotmail.com
Addresses:  64.4.44.7, 64.4.52.7, 64.4.53.7, 64.4.43.7
->
yahoo.com
Server:  cu45320.campbellsville.edu
Address:  10.10.10.53

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  64.58.79.230, 66.218.71.198
-

This situation started 3 days ago or more, I have 29 messages on my queue
and no clue about it. I have this message:

The connection was dropped by the remote host.

I heard something about that one DNS root-server is out or changed name,
is this true?

Thanks In Advance,