RE: OWA-Setup

  • From: mmmopo errer <hatem20072008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:11:13 -0700 (PDT)

dear andrew,

many thanks for your great information, actually i heard about you and about
some persons here in this list, who they are really give hand to others.

i do not want to let you understand i am stupid guy or something. i am really
understand how the exchange work.

what i did is :-

i asked the hosting company to transefer the domain name ( mmt-group.com) and i
changed the MX recorde for me to be as the following :-

mmt-group.com. 28800 in MX 10 mail.mmt-group.com

where mail.mmt-group.com is pointing to this IP-Address ( 62.36.3.65 )  which i
took from the ISP.

so when ever any one send an e-mail to me , first the sender machine will ask
the DNS where is the machine that dealing with ( mmt-group.com), and according
to the DNS setting, the reply will be as the follows:-

the machine which is responsible about the (mmt-group.com) is (
mail.mmt-group.com), which is ( 62.36.3.65), and then they will communicate
with each other on Port 25 SMTP.

this is what i understand and implement.

but i want to ask you offline, so can you please accept my request to ask you
offlist, for some critical information for me .

i really need to discuss with you something, so please accept me to send e-mail
to you offlist.

best regards,

Andrew English <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}http://www.MSExchange.org/

I don?t mean to sound rude but how in the world did you get an Senior IT job
when you haven?t even grasp the works of Windows Server and the Internet?

What you want to do is very simple, it doesn?t require all these questions if
you know how the external domain name setup/configuration works, how IIS with
Exchange and OWA works, and most importantly if you know how ISA 2000 Server
works!

Okay you want help.

Get the company its own domain name in the net, then once you have your
dedicated internet service, that being DSL, a T1 or whatever, as long as you
get a STATIC IP, you simply point your domain name to your static IP address.

To get OWA working a lot people use owa.domainname.com, so to do this you go to
the person who is looking after your companies domain name and add in the A
table (correct me if I am wrong) and added owa.yourdomain.com à your static IP
and your done. The rest you have to do on your ISA server.

To receive emails on your Exchange server simply point your MX table to your
static IP and setup ISA 2000 to work with Exchange server, done.

To use Outlook on the outside simple enable SMTP and POP3 if you want on you
Exchange and setup ISA 2000, done. I don?t use SMTP and POP3 on my box, and a
lot of companies here don?t do that as well so instead they setup a VPN
connection and only let their employees VPN into the network to get their mail,
I on the other hand us RPC over HTTP.