[ExchangeList] Re: OWA question...

  • From: "Ian Wall" <iwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:16:15 +0800

REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LISTS.

  _____

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Wall
Sent: Friday, 31 March 2006 11:00 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] OWA question...

Have a friend running Exchange 2003 for his organization.  He has only one
backend server that he is also using for OWA access.

My question, since he is not running a Front-End/Back-End configuration, he
is not going to be able to use 'Forms Based Authentication', correct?

Also, if he is unable to purchase another server to act as a Front-End
server, can he apply an SSL certificate to the OWA site on his single
Backend Server for security?

He is trying to deploy Mobile Devices with his current setup, and my
experience is that you can not support Windows Mobile Devices without an SSL
cert. on the server, but that is a side point.

Sorry for such 'simple' questions as I have never worked in a Single server
exchange 2003 environment and I obviously need to brush up on the
limitations of that type of deployment.  I look forward to your responses.

Thanks

Chris Wall - MCSE + Messaging, MCSA
NAM Exchange Administrator

Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx