OWA problems

  • From: "Jason Juillerat" <jasonj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:38:13 -0700

--
After logging onto OWA I am getting the error message 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal
Server Error'

--

I appear to be logging  on to the server, because the left side of the OWA
screen shows my inbox, contacts, etc.

My clients are win2k and win98 using assorted versions of IE.
I do not have friendly IE error messages turned on.
Browsing locally on the box fails with the same error.

My server is a front-end Exchange 2000 sp2 box that relays incoming/outgoing
mail and supports SSL connections to OWA.
I am using the IIS lockdown tool.

The box is on the inside of a firewall only allowing port 25 and 443
connections to the server.
ftp, telnet, etc services are disabled.  wwwpub and the proper exchange
services appear to be running.

There have been no recent changes to the server (this was working last night)
The server has been stable.
neither event logs or iis logs are being particularly enlightening

This error is so general I am having trouble finding anything relevant on
Google Web or Groups.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.