OWA (front-end/back-end env) in DMZ connection problems

  • From: "Bj�rn Johansson" <Bjorn.Johansson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:26:13 +0100

Hello!
[We have Exchange 2000 Enterprise in mixed environment]

We have problems with our OWA placed in DMZ (which is a front-end server)
with contacting GC and DC's. We've opened the ports specified in KB
280132.
We also made the registry hack on our DC's in the same article.
But still we get intermittent errors. Seems like that RPC traffic don't
get
through.

I've read that we could do a registry hack on the actual front-end server
as
well, to control RPC traffic. Where can I find information about this?

Thanks in advance!

/Björn

This e-mail and attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or
legallyprivileged information. It is intended for the use of the addressee
only. If you receive this e-mail and attachments by mistake, you must
not disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy or otherwise use it. Please
notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and attachments
from your system.

Zenit, Nektar, Helios, Helios Euro, Futuris, Manticore and Lynx are
mutual funds according to §3 of the Swedish Mutual Funds Act
(1990:1114). Avenir is a mutual fund in accordance with article 12
of the Finnish Mutual Funds Act (99/48). Zodiak Venture Capital is
a Swedish closed-end limited partnership. None of the Funds are
UCITS funds. This e-mail is not a solicitation or recommendation to
acquire units in the Funds. The units of the Funds have not been
registered and will not be registered in accordance with any securities
legislation in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia or
New Zealand or elsewhere and may not be offered or sold to or within
the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia or New Zealand or in such
countries where such offer or sale would be in conflict with applicable
laws or regulations.