RE: OWA and Ex2k3

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:25:38 -0600

Hi Al,

What's nice about using ISA firewalls is that they can perform SSL to
SSL bridging, which allows them to examine the contents of the SSL
stream. Squid cannot do this and just passes exploits from the remote
host to the OWA site. ISA firewalls really do provide a unique level of
protection for OWA sites that force SSL links.

Thanks!
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder