RE: OWA Security

  • From: "Dolly Bareqet" <dolly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:15:22 +0200

Hi,

1. Does it sit behind FW?
2. Any mail relay box?
3. Change OWA port?

Dolly

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Moffat [mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 10:01 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] OWA Security

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Guys

I've just inherited a new site in the last few days, due to insufficient
security and administration. The servers had been hacked, and infected
by various worms and virii.

I have rebuilt the domain and everything is working as it should.

However, I want to tighten up Outlook Web Access. At the moment it is
configured as SSL requiring 128 bit enc., with integrated and windows
authentication.

Can this be tightened further, and if so how do I carry it out.

All IIS tightening has been done, and all the patches are up to date.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Moffat
Lower Apartment
35 Melville Road
Devonshire
DV07
Bermuda

This E-Mail is confidential. It is not intended to be read, copied,
disclosed or used by any person other than the intended recipients.

Unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Optimum Computer Solutions disclaims any liability for any
action taken in connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements
expressed in this E-Mail are not necessarily those of Optimum Computer
Solutions or its subsidiaries or affiliates.

usermanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx