RE: OWA Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:42:28 -0500

> directory is pointing to D:\exchsrvr\WEBDATA.  We have used
> OWA in the past
> on an NT 4 box so Log On Locally is still configured correctly.

Did you test that OWA worked before changing things in ISM?  I've never had to
manually edit anything to get OWA to work.  I take it that you did an in-place
upgrade?

On NT4 I sometimes had to completely uninstall IIS, delete all the associated
directories, reinstall IIS, and then reinstall web access and the Exchange SP
before everything would work right.

I'd speculate that these problems have something to do with the anonymous user
account that IIS uses.  The only reliable way that I've found to fix that is to
reinstall everything.  <shrug>