OWA - Event ID 100

  • From: "Elias, Delores" <delias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:12:37 -0500

Hi All

I have some users trying to access OWA and they can't.  When I look at the
Event Viewer, the message is Event ID 100, Source:  W3SVC, and it says it is
a logon failure - unknown user name or bad password.

I don't believe either to be the case because these are attorneys who work
part-time and, up until a day ago, have always used OWA just fine.

I searched MS kb and couldn't find anything and even looked it up on
eventid.net and that wasn't very helpful either.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may have caused this to happen?  We
haven't made any changes to our network lately.

It is Ex 5.5, sp4, W2k, sp3.

Thanks for your help.

Delores
The information supplied in this message may be legally privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, the sender does not intend
delivery to you to waive any privilege or right pertaining to this message.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return e-mail, and delete the errant message.  Thank you.