[ExchangeList] Re: OWA 2003 on Win2k3 and force SSL with redirection

  • From: "Thompson, Elizabeth" <lthompson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:35:55 -0400

?
Thanks for the goggle. Unfortunately a lot of those sites are one's I have hit
and say the same thing and say it for both IIS 5 and IIS 6 - Use an asp script
as a custom error and point the application pool on the default web site to
exchange. They also say that any directories other then exchange have to be
done individually.  (MS article 839357) The script seems to only cover OWA but
leaves OMA in clear text mode. It also doesn't seem to force encryption when
user's use the change password in OWA.

Since we didn't have to use a script in IIS 5, are the re-direct to a URL is
still in IIS 6, I am unsure why it doesn't work.

Maybe I am miss understanding who the scripts work, since I don't have a strong
knowledge of ASP code. Can you assist in clarifying my understanding?

Thanks for your time.

Liz