OT Maybe - Moving Exchange Mailboxes to new Forest

  • From: "Raji Arulambalam" <RajiA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:04:28 +1300

Hi

Apologies if OT.

Is there any documentation available that shows the way to move -
migrate from a Windows 2003 AD Forest to another pristine new Windows
2003 AD Forest.

Currently we have a Windows 2003 AD Forest - Domains with Exchange 2003
Servers.

We want to create a pristine AD forest then create new domains.
Don't want to use any of the available migration tools to move users,
resources and mailboxes,
 but create them individually. Don't ask me why!! But the powers that be
want it done this way.

This will be done gradually, by moving select number of users over time.

The workstations are Windows XP and servers are Windows 2003.

Also how does the GAL work between the two Forests.

Thanks

RajiA

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.