RE: OT: IT BUDGET

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:31:37 -0400

Budgeting is a very serious business. If you don't have the experience,
probably you should tell your client to hire a professional accountant
or an experienced project manager for this. For budgeting you need to
understand not only the IT requirements, but also the clients business
itself, and what role IT services play in that business. In short, an IT
budgeting will need a collective plan based on the inputs received from
business managers on their IT requirements, and the IT manager's
strategy to meet those requirements. One company's IT budgeting will
never fit another company.

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy