Not receiving Bounced Email for non-existent Mailbox

  • From: Jason Davis <JDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:25:29 -0800

Oh, "Gurus of the Exchange World,"

I am running Exchange 5.5 on a NT 4 Server.

One of our users has been sending email to an invalid email address (non
existent mailbox), but non of his mail has been bounced back by our Exchange
server.

Our domain is (user)@csical.com

He has been sending email to a non-existent user @csical.com, but nothing
gets bounced back.  Since we only have 15 mailboxes in our organization, it
has been very easy to check and verify that the user really does not exist.

The only thing I can say is that I installed a Microsoft patch which cured
my problem with NDRs a few months back (KB-837794).  Could this be affecting
our server in that it won't bounce invalid mail addresses back to the user?

Is there a setting somewhere that I can check?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

--Jason Davis