RE:Non-Delivery Message Help Please

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:19:44 +0930

Gene,

Is mail essentials on the same box as exchange (tcrnycbde2)? If not this
should tell you how far it is getting. Also could try checking the logs
- if its getting to exchange it should turn up in /badmail from memory.

But the error you are getting would suggest that the problem is with the
body encoding type. I have no experience with GFI, however I know that
while most MTAs support MIME, some nowadays have dropped support for
UUENCODE, the old unix to unix encoding type. You can try checking
whether GFI supports this and/or other more arcane encoding types, else
you will need to ask the vendor to change the send type, which depends
on what they're using at their end. Plain text/RTF should be fine, MIME
and HTML should also be supported. Note that changing the "always send
plain text to this recipient" option in outlook is only referring to
message text, not the encoding type.

And don't let the vendor put you off, remember you're the client!

Jamie.