No Exchange Server 5.5 Support after this year???

  • From: "Mark Hopkins" <Mark.Hopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:23:29 -0600

In this article published today (Migrating from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange
Server 2003) it is mentioned that M$ will no longer support Exchange Server 5.5
after this year. Could that be true, even when about 40% of the existing
exchange servers are at version 5.5? This number comes from an article I read
yesterday in the 10-20-2003 issue of eWEEK. I have no such problems, having
already migrated from 5.5 to 2000 to 2003. However, I think I would really be
upset if I were at 5.5 and wanted (or had) to remain. M$ is really good at
force-feeding us new product, but after all, IT is their world!

Mark