RE: Newbie using Exchange[Scanned]

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:49:24 -0500

I'm for once glad that someone else shares the same views as me.  Every
single day when I read through the e-mails from this list I'm bombarded
with John's comments regarding the "read the archives" or "get an
education" and it's becoming old.  I would consider myself an
experienced Exchange admin and there are sometimes when I'm baffled and
though the answer may be out there, though hard to find, sometimes it's
just easier to ask a collective group of people the question and get an
answer back quicker.  I'm not for writing a book to the user asking how
to be an Exchange admin, but I am with Simon in the fact that this is a
place where folks can come for help, and as long as anyone barks at
those who come here for help the list will dwindle down.   Hell, I'm
scared to even ask a question, however hard it may be to me because I
know that John is going to come back and make me feel like shit in front
of the entire list, so I choose not to and I've considered just dropping
the list all-together.  When I first joined it seemed as though people
actually helped on here, but lately there has been a lot of barking
going on and it just doesn't seem like a Q&A list anymore.  Just my 2
cents.

Donavon