RE: Newbie using Exchange

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:31:09 -0800

If you want to play e-mail admin, you have to learn the ropes.

There is no way any one can do justice by explaining briefly how e-mail and
SMPT works.

I am sorry, I IMHO, if you are not experienced with an e-mail server and
SMTP, you have no business using it.

People/companies like you that want their own mail server but have no clue
of all the work that goes on behind "Send Now" button make my job and those
of others that much harder, what with misconfigurations, bad records, open
relays, poor policies and so forth.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You