Re: Newbie Exchange Install...Newbie

  • From: Saud <saud@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:14:06 +0300

OK..I've just finished installing a fresh copy of Exchange 2000 Enterprise
server onto my newly created W2K AD domain. Now what?
I have SP1 & SP2, do I dare install them both or just SP1?
Are there any changes I need to make before I'm able to do anything.
This manual that I'm using is tad bit too advanced for me so any assistance
is appreciated...

I've done this several times on three different machines that we use. One is the main machine
and the other I keep them for emergency purposes because we don't have a backup system
yet. So,I set them up and keep them ready for replacement in case of emergency.
I installed Sp1 and SP2 on them without any problems.
My configuration is as follows :
Win2k server and Exchange 2000 server on the same machine and on top of them
SP2 of win2k and SP2 of exchange server and that PC is running the main domain cotroller
(not a child domain).

Saud