New mail notification.

  • From: dkell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:09:12 -0500

To All:
I am having issues with new mail notifications.  My problem is that when we
send
a message the message will stay in the outbox
until the user does something to interact with
Outlook. (ie deletes a message, read, etc). Also
when they interact, all the messages sent to them
will show up in the inbox. this has starting
happening over the past 6-7 months.  I have recently upgrading the hardware
and this did not correct the problem.  The server may run fine for server
days
without seeing this problem.  When it does occur I must restart the server
and often the Directory service will not shut down.  This does effect all
users when it happens.
I read that other users have had this problem but I have not seen a fix.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David Keller

Config:

Exchange 5.5 sp3