New Server

  • From: "Amiel Alcantara" <amiel_a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:48:51 +0800

Good Day

Presently we have a clone Intel pentium 4 server with scsi hard drive. and now
we bought a branded server which is IBM Xeon. My problem is how can we set up
the new server(ibm) fast configured the same with our old server. Can we just
transfer the hard drive and let ibm detects its hardware setting. or can we use
ghost program to copy the settings on our old server. We need this because our
old server has windows 2000 n exchange server 2000. If we try to reconfigure
the new server we also have to reconfigure all setting (Mailbox, EMail add,
ANTIVIRUS, firewall etc). We just want to know what is the best and fastest way
to do it

Thanks for your help in advance

Amiel