New Exchange 2000 Server - Recommendations

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:44:23 +0200

Hi gurus,

I'm installing a brand new Exchange 2000 server to migrate our present Exch
5.5 mailboxes onto.  This will be part of a new Win2K domain (which is
already up and running).

Q1:  Shall I set up the server as a DC so it won't have to constantly verify
credentials against the existing DC server?  I know there is no need for
Exchange 2k to run on a DC, but what is your opinion?  Exch 2k on Win2K DC
or Exch 2k on Win2k Member Server?

Q2:  Service Packs:  Right now all my Win2k servers are happily running SP2,
shall I install Win2k SP3 on this new server straight away or stick with
SP2?  Also, which Exch 2k SP would you recommend installing?

Thanks
Regards
Andy

Andrea Coppini
+356 79 ANDREA (263732)
andreacoppini@xxxxxxxx

EMPOWER PEOPLE - THE WORLD IN YOUR HAND

iWG (iWORLD GROUP) is a global e-mobile company creating, building and
growing new businesses.  iWG founders are pioneers in creating multi-billion
dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia and the US.

The Global Partners include the shareholders Bank of America, Deutsche Bank,
Hikari Tsushin, McCaw, PaineWebber/UBS, The Dolphins' Trust, Perikles Trust
and the iAA Advisory Network.

www.iWG.info

www.countryprofiler.com/iWG

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.