Netware 5.0 with W2k?

  • From: gster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:18:16 +0000

Good morning to all

I have just started working in a small company with about 30 servers and
an equal number of desktop machines (all running w2k pro). Currently we
have NDS on a Netware server and also active directory on Windows 2000 Server.
I suspect that this could be responsable for both a slow response time on
in accessing files and folders on the network shares and also for other
strange occurences such as some machines not being viewable from some machines
and not from others.

I am considering converting the Netware Server to a w2k server and possibly
then switching to Native mode. Has anyone else been in a similar position
to this? Is this likely to solve the problems and slow response time on
the network? Anything to be aware of?

Any advise most appreciated.

Graeme Robertson