Need help publishing Exchange 5.5 thru ISA

  • From: Todd Lemmiksoo <tlemmiksoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:52:08 -0500

I am trying to publish my Exchange 5.5 sp4 NT 4 server through ISA server sp
1a. I followed MS article 311237 method 1 "How to Publish an Exchange Server
5.5 behind ISA server" without success. I then followed the procedure in the
"ISA Server and Beyond" book without success either. My test mail sat in the
Exchange out going queue. I did have an error message on ISA about the
server publishing rule mapping the internal IP to the external IP on port 25
failing. This message resolved when I disabled the SMTP service on ISA. But
still no incoming or outgoing mail.
Where should I look next or what did I do wrong?

Todd Lemmiksoo
Network Administrator

All-Mode Communications, Inc.
1725 Dryden Road