Need help !!!

  • From: Patrick Goh <patrickgoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:10:11 +0800

Hi all,

        I have a mail server running on Windows Nt4.0 with Exchange 5.5.Due to
the server perfomance is drop or might be the last vendor did the wrong config
so it is very slow. Now i want to format the server and install windows 2000
with exchange 2000. What are the correct procedures to implement and try to
minimize the down time. I have a draft plan need you advices.

1). Get a temp server install and configure same as my current server then
backup the database from my current server and restore it the the temp
server.Then drop the current server and running on the temp server.

2). Then format the my current server and install the windows 2000 with ADC
then install the exhcange 5.5. Then backup the database from the temp server
and restore it to the current server. Then upgrade the exchage 5.5 to exchange
2000. Then drop the temp server and up the current server with windows 2000
with exchange 2000.

Best Regards,

NTT MSC SDN BHD

Patrick Goh