RE: Need best solution exchange (pl take intrest)

  • From: Manickam_Annamalai <Manickam_Annamalai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:35:27 +0530

Hi Jolyon,

Best way to migrate users with out disturbing the production is create a new
windows2000 forest and create 2way trust, migrate the user accounts from
nt4.0 to windows 2000 with SID history -  this is possible with ADMT2.0 a
native tool from MS.

If u want a better tool than this use some 3rd party tool as NetIQ, BV
admin...

For exchange join the new exchange 2000/2003 to the ex5.5 organization then
move the mailbox, dl, replicate PF & System folders.
Create connectors bet ex5.5 & 2000/2003 and ADC for coexistence.

Thanks,

Manickam Annamalai,
Engineer - Networking
Satyam Computer Services-chennai