RE: Need Information Regarding Exchange Backup

  • From: Deshwal Chand <CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:13:25 +0530

Hi,

I wanted to do the same for some users and could not find anything on this
issue from anywhere. There is a way around in your case.

CASE: I
If every one is required only to send to ur US domain, then in IMC, you can
control this behaviour.

As I mentioned earlier to disable DNS use for delivery and forward all
e-mails, forward all outgoing e-mails (for every domain)to ur US domain
e-mail server. The configure ur US server not to route the e-mails destined
for domains other than the us domain. This will be already there as an
anti-spam feature.

What will happen:

All the e-mails sent to your US domain will be treated as inbound ones and
will be accepted.
All the e-mail sent to any other domain will be returned back to your server
and then to sneders.

Case:II

If you want some of your users to able to send any where in the world, then
install another server with IMC only. Route the allowed users to be able
relay their e-mails to this server.

Hope this assists!

Regards,

Chand Deshwal (M.Tech CS&E, MCSE, CCNA)