RE: NAS Backup/Recovery

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:59:07 -0500

I'm a little confused about what you exactly want.  Can you restate?

It sounds like you want to use a local NAS in the remote office to act as
your file server.  Sounds like you also want to backup the Exchange server
in the remote office to that NAS device.
It also sounds like you're considering a backup scheme that replicates the
data on the NAS back to your central office.  In other words, you'd have
local file access that is essentially cached back and HQ.  You are
considering same for the Exchange servers and are looking for feedback on
the idea.  Is that about right?

  _____