Re: Moving mailboxes from 2003 Enterprise to 2003 Standard - possible?

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:42:05 -0400

You are wrong about point #1: ESM DOES allow you to move mailboxes. You
obviously haven't even tried. Go ahead, expand your mind, and exercise
your mouse finger a little bit.

As far as point #2 is concerned: tell me where it isn't recommended.
Show me documentation, a URL, whatever. This was a new feature with the
Exchange 2003 management tools, and it allows you to only have a single
management console open.

As far as point #3 is concerned: you are again wrong. Since it uses
exactly the same code as ADU&C, I don't know why you think it would
generate errors that ADU&C doesn't.

As far as point #4 is concerned: most examples use ADU&C, since they
haven't been rewritten since Exchange 2000. However, I would again
challenge you to produce documentation that says "move mailbox in ADU&C
is recommended over move mailbox in ESM".

As far as point #5 is concerned: they work exactly the same - the
Exchange Tasks wizard. I have no idea why you think that ADU&C is easier
than ESM, since they are the same.

Now, if these are YOUR recommendations, that's fine. You should say so.
If you are asserting they are Microsoft's, then you should provide
documentation to back it up.