RE: Moving mailboxes

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:26:35 -0400

I have been moving mailboxes to our new server for a week now.   The first few
were annoying dealing with outlook.

First, Outlook XP started asking for usernames and passwords for all those
people that were moved to the new server in the same AD structure.  Outlook 97
and 2k did not have this affliction.   (I posted this problem on the exchange
list and received no response, so I assume its just me and something I get to
deal with.)  The original server was the first DC and the first GC, the new
server is neither.. just a member server.

Second, I discovered some machines the mailboxes just worked right away but
others seemed to get lost to outlook for a while.  I attributed this to a
"sync" issue between GC's.

So, now its easy.   Move the mailboxes and dont tell the users to use outlook
for an hour.   Works perfect that way.