Moving Exchange 5.5 from one domain to another

  • From: "Tony" <Tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:57:26 -0700

Hi,

  I am upgrading my NT4 domain to W2K Server. As part of the
re-structure I have to move two Exchange servers and sites from
one domain to another. Currently my domain has a trust relationship with
the domain I wish to join. Both my Exchange sites and servers will be in
the same Exchange organisation as the servers and sites in the domain I'm
moving to. Will this simply be a matter of changing service account
permissions on my Exchange servers to the administrative accounts of the
new domain or is it more complicated than this? My current domain will
cease to exist once the domain re structure is complete. I would be
grateful if someone out there could give me some pointers re this. One of
the servers involved will also be acting as a domain controller and will
be running AD. I have a feeling that I may be attempting something here
that is more tricky than I first thought.

Regards
Tony