RE: Moving Exchange

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:15:05 -0000

Hi Adrian

I cannot see this working as the two servers will have different names and
thus restoring the directory is not an option?

My advice is to build your new server as a second server in the same Site
and migrate the mailboxes over at your leisure using the Exchange Admin
program. Then follow the well documented procedure for removing the first
server in the site (article 152959).

We moved from a single old box to a new cluster solution for about 500
users, 3000+ globally, and it worked a treat.

Hope this helps. Get back to me if I can help further and finally good luck.
Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.