Moving Exchange

  • From: "Chris Maciejewski" <cmaciejewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:53:03 +1000

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a MS KB Article that guides moving exchange
from one server to another. I have found the one on how to do it and retaining
the server name, but my server will have a different name.

Both servers are online. The most i know to do thIs far is;

Install the new server, as an additional exchange server on the domain
Move the mailboxes across using AD Users and Computers.

My main question is how do I safely uninstall the old one, leaving everything
else intact?

Thanks,
Chris