RE: Move or Upgrade to 2003

  • From: "Zoran Marjanovic" <Zoran.Marjanovic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:46:33 +0100

Read these:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchan
ge-organization.html
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003
-Hardware.html

Zoran

________________________________

From: sunil shah [mailto:sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:37 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Move or Upgrade to 2003

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi to All,

  Here is my story - My Company bought new hardware and they want to
move current exchange 2000 to new hardware.  Currently, we are running
one server with AD, DNS, IIS, Exchange and Veritas backup 9.

  I am thinking as following.

     (1) Installed Windows 2003 and Join the current domain

     (2) Apply all the service pack and patches to new Windows 2003

     (3) Installed exchange 2003 in existing Exchange 2000 organization

     (4) Apply latest service pack to Exchange 2003

     (5) Create New Storage on this new server

     (6) Move Mail box to new storage

     (7) Let all the users log in and update there profiles

     (8) Change my MX record to point to new server

     (9) Remove my old server and reinstall windows 2003 on it and move
my IIS and DNS on that server

Any Pitfall in the above procedure guys and girls?

Any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated

Sunny(Shyamal)