[ExchangeList] Re: Move Exchange 2003 SP2 to new hardware

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:40:14 -0600

It appears I needed the ASP.NET service installed on the server before I
did the setup.exe /disasterrestore installation. I added that and it
worked. I restored the .edb, .stm, and log files to their proper
locations and everything is as it was.

I suppose I should know what services Exchange needs but it was not
listed on Microsoft's instructions for "How to Move Exchange Server 2003
to New Hardware and Keep the Same Server Name". It was mentioned on
instructions I found on the www.msexchange.org site.

The only thing now is the store was dismounted this morning. I mounted
it again and it is fine. I just have to figure out that glitch.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax (952) 402-9815
Network Administrator
Scott Carver Dakota CAP Agency, Inc.
712 Canterbury Road
Shakopee, MN 55379
www.capagency.org
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/djensen.SCDCAP/Application%20Data
/Microsoft/Signatures/www.capagency.org>