[ExchangeList] Migration of Exchange 2003 to New Hardware

  • From: "Mitul Zaveri" <mitul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:56:33 +0530

Hi all,

We are in a process of moving an existing Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
with AD to another new server. Once moved the old server will be
decommissioned. We have kept the domain name same. We are also going to
retain the IP addresses.

We have already setup the new server as ADC and installed Exchange 2003 SP2
in the same Organization. The Server is also acting as a global catalog. We
have replicated the Public Folders and Offline Address list. We have tried
moving 6-7 mailboxes on the new server. After moving the mailboxes when we
try to access them using the same OWA URL which was used earlier we do get a
login page, But after inserting the login and password for moved mailboxes
we get page cannot be displayed. Can somebody throw light on this behaviour.
Also it would be helpful in case somebody can guide the procedure to move
forward on this migration.

Appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Mitul Zaveri