Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

  • From: "Adenike Ozoh" <aoadenike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:05:22 +0000

Hello
We are currently using MS Exchange 5.5 on an old server (running windwos NT4.0) and would like to migrate to Exchange 2000 on windows 2000 server. I have been on the Exchange 200 training and printed lots of documentation on the migration process. My issues have to do with my current infrastruture.
My netbios domain on NT was arm.com.ng which when i migrated my PDC to 2000 changed it to arm.com
My organizational site in Exchange 5.5 is also arm.com.ng and i'm not sure the implications of installing exchange 2000 into that current site in order to migrate my mailboxes.
I would appreciate a guide on the how to process.
Thanks
Nike