Re: Migrating from Exchange 2000 to 2003 using new hardware question

  • From: <Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:08:13 -0000

Hi Conley

As it stands no. The only thing I can think of is to add a temporary third
server. Move all the mailboxes and public folders to it. Decommission and
remove all references to the first server. Then build the new (third) server
with your new server name. Having installed the third server then move all
the mailboxes to it and remove the second temporary server.

As I think you can imagine this is far from simple and will take a good deal
of time to do. Why do you need to keep the same server name? If you are
concerned about having to recreate Outlook profiles as a result of your new
server this should not be an issue.

If anyone else can shed an more light on this or knows of any third part
products (I very much doubt there are any to be honest) that may do it
please feel free to enlighten us.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.