[ExchangeList] Migrating exchange 2003 mailbox to diffrent forest

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 01:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to move mailbox from one exchange 2003 organization to another exchange 2003 organization in a different forest. Reason is acquisition. I want to only move mailboxes and want to retain active directory accounts on the source forest. Destination will have only mailbox.

I understand this is possible using exchange migration tool! Also it states that once it migrates the mailboxes to target it will not remove the mailboxes in the source, which has to be done manually.

Questions;

Is this really possible, are there any issues?? I have never tried this.
Is there any method to remove only the mailboxes on the source after migration using some script etc..

Regards
Praveen R

Do you Yahoo!?