[ExchangeList] Migrating AD users from offsite server to new server

  • From: "exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:18:51 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi,

I have a situation where an exchange server and AD are running on a hosted
server somwhere in the states with about 1000 users in the AD.  I now have a
new server onsite with a different domain name and was wondering if anyone has
any suggestion on how to move the 1000 users from the old AD to the new one (I
am pretty sure a backup and restore of AD will not work in this situation).

thanks alot,

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: