Migrate to new organisation and forest and disaster recovery

  • From: Raji Arulambalam <rajia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 20:17:27 +1200

Hi
Is there any documentation that points to how to move/migrate an existing
Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 organisation in Win2000 AD to a pristine new
exchange 2003 organisation in a new AD forest in Windows 2003.??
Whats involved in this.
Our current Windows 2000 AD appears to have been corupted with orphaned and
phantom sids, dc, dns entries and replication errors. Also unable to demote
dcs in remote sites.
If you know how to fix this would be appreciated. We have tried every thing
suggested in kb articles.
But pointers would be welcome.
Also is there information on disaster recovery of Exchange 2003 where the
windows AD domain is suspect and I want to blow it away and start a fresh.
They are on different machines. Whats required.
Thanks

RajiA

Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.