[ExchangeList] Re: Microsoft Exchange and VPN

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:06:03 -0400

You don't necessarily NEED to be VPN'd in to your network to get access
to an Exchange box from the outside.  Exchange 2003 has a feature called
Exchange over HTTP.  Google that, and there is a lot of resources on how
to enable it server side and how to set it up client-side (Must be
running Outlook 2003 w/SP2 on the client).  Once you get it running,
it's great!  Also, don't discount the enormous usefulness of Outlook Web
Access!!! :-)

Of course, your Exchange box will have to have an A-record in an outside
DNS, but that is the hardest part, lol.  Enjoy sir!!!