Messages "stuck" in outbox...

  • From: "Wakelin, Frank" <fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:55:16 -0700

I have a strange problem with one particular mailbox on our Exchange 5.5 Server
(SP3).  While doing some testing with the mailbox size - prevent send and
receive function the user attempted to send some messages.  Sure enough the
messages remained in the queue.  We them removed the mailbox size restriction
and the messages were delivered.  We know they were delivered only because the
recipients have verified that they received them.

The messages still appear in his outbox in what looks like a "being delivered"
state (the messages are listed in italics).  Any messages we attempt to send
now gets delivered as normal yet these messages remain.  We can not open the
message (We get "Unable to open the item" error), and we can not delete the
messages.  I even tried to delete them using MDBVU32.EXE with no success.  I
can't get them out of there.

It's not a critical issues as sending/receiving appears to be working as normal
and we are a couple of weeks away from a migration to exchange 2000 anyway.  I
was just wondering if anyone has experienced this or a similar issues with
ex5.5.

Thanks (in advance)
FRANK WAKELIN - NETWORK ANALYST
mailto:fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BORDEN LADNER GERVAIS LLP - Vancouver Office