Messages not leaving the Outbox

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:26:08 -0400

Hello List,

I am running :
Exchange 2000 SP2
Outlook 2002 SP2
Windows XP SP1

The problem started after applying Office XP SP2 to my clients. Some of
the clients, when they send a message, the message stays in Outbox
forever. It is not sent. The recipient does not receive the message.
Trying to resend the message from the Outbox does not help. However, If
I open the problem client's mailbox from another PC that is running
Outlook XP, I am able to resend the message. New messages created from
the second PC goes fine.

If I logon to the same "problem" PC with a different user profile, I
donot see any problem, all messages go through fine. Finally, I deleted
the "problem" user's Windows profile under c:\documents and settings,
and the user logged and created a new profile. After that the problem
has vanished. However, this has happened to 2 users so far. Any ideas,
any one else has seen similar problems ?

Thank you for any inputs.

Regards,
Raj