Message filtering

  • From: "Peter Turner" <pturner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:29:02 -0400

Hi All,
Hope someone can help me on this one - our users often get those spam emails
purporting to be from the "support team" saying their account has been closed
or password changed and these are mostly from some spoofed address (eg
admin@....). I am wondering is there a way in exchange to filter out emails
from fake addresses that don't exist on our domain, or even just from certain
addresses so we could prevent users from getting these emails. We're using
exchange 2000. We're already blocking the zip attachments with the AV software.

Thanks,
Peter

peter turner | diocese of washington | IT Services Manager | 202-537-6540 |
www.edow.org