RE: McAfee

  • From: Scott Overfield <soverfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:47:23 -0500

you need to log in with your NAI grant number to access the knowledge
base......here is more info that may be helpful....
SolutionID: 1.0.1631885.2402917  Print   Close Window

Problem Description:
Cannot manually update DAT files for GroupShield Exchange

Error: "SCAN.DAT is in use"

Problem Environment:
McAfee GroupShield 4.0x

Microsoft Exchange Server

Cause of this problem:
To manually install GroupShield DAT files, the Network Associates
GroupShield Exchange service must be stopped.  If not stopped, this error
will occur.  If this error occurs after the service is stopped, then it
means one or more of the AVMON32 processes have not stopped in Task Manager.

Solution:
Open Control Panel | Services
Stop the Network Associates GroupShield Exchange service
Open Task Manager
Verify the AVEXCH32 service and all AVMON32 services are stopped.
Manually add the DAT files to ..\GroupShield Exchange\i386
Restart the Network Associates GroupShield Exchange service
See also:
Update the Scan Engine on GroupShield Exchange
Manually updating DAT files in GroupShield Exchange 4.0x.