Mailbox recreation

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:24:46 -0500

Hello all,

   I think that I may have made a mistake...

A VP in our company was having some very strange errors with his calendar in
his mailbox.  To make a long story short, I had to recreate his mailbox.  I
recreated his mailbox almost 1 month ago after copying everything (Calendar,
Inbox, Contacts etc.) to a PST file using EXCHNG32.  I then deleted his
mailbox from exchange, forced replication throughout the sites, re-created
the mailbox, imported the PST files into his new mailbox and then forced
replication throughout the site once again.  This fixed his calendar issues.
HOWEVER, now when people send him e-mails by pulling his name up in the GAL
they get bouncebacks or when they try to change calendar items that were
created before the new mailbox they get errors.  The bouncebacks indicate
mail is trying to be sent to his old X400 path.  (ex. To fix this, I have to
go to each persons PC that is having the problems and point to the GAL and
select his name)  For some reason, exchange seems to have 'memorized' his
old address instead of pointing to the new one.  The SMTP address is the
same as his old one...

Is there anyway to correct this without having to correct it on an
individual basis?

Chris