Mail2Web

  • From: "Elias, Delores" <DELIAS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:07:37 -0400

Hi All,

I know this isn't an Exchange question, but it does have to do with e-mail
and I remember reading in the "rules" that you can ask other network related
questions if you keep them to a minimum.  Hope that's okay with everyone.

My question is, are you or any of your users using the mail2web application?
If you're not familiar with it, it's an application where you can access
your email from any computer with internet access.  I just found out that
one of my users has been trying it out and, of course, I'm concerned about
security.  There is an SSL login that you can use and it claims that there's
not a security issue.  I would just like to know if anyone has had any
personal experience with it and how it may have affected your company, if at
all.  Any increase in spam or viruses that may be attributed to using this
app?

Thanks for any info that I can get.

Delores

P.S.  Thanks to all who helped me the other day with my OWA question.  It
worked.
The information supplied in this message may be legally privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, the sender does not intend
delivery to you to waive any privilege or right pertaining to this message.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return e-mail, and delete the errant message.  Thank you.